Wednesday, February 24, 2010
Here are some patterns that I bought last week:
Vogue 8581


Vogue 8420

Of course, these patterns have been around for a while and are probably "last year" for the more prolific and keen sewists. But if you take into account that I still want to make the Infinity dress (http://www.rostitchery.com/infinity-dress.html) that has been around on blogs since ca. 2006, it should not be too suprising!

And then there were some fabric purchases too:

Shweshwe for Ingrid with whom I connected via DaWanda whilst browsing her shop alteLiebe (http://de.dawanda.com/shop/alteLiebe):

Shweswe is a traditional South African cotton fabric and as per the SA Fabrics website "worn in one form or other for hundreds of years and made in South Africa since 1982. It was made more popular internationally by Nelson Mandela, who is often seen wearing a Shweshwe shirt. Now entirely manufactured in South Africa, Shweshwe is possibly so-named because of the 'swish-swish' of the fabric as it moves when worn as a dress or skirt."

But according to another site, the "original form of this fabric was imported from Europe, as German Settler women wanted to be dressed in the fabric to which they had become accustomed." So there you have it if you have ever wondered about this (or not)!

And then some more fabric to add to my stash:

But I also cut out this pattern, I am going to make the tunic pictured in the right bottom corner. But I actually wanted to make the dress, but I don't wear dresses a lot so the tunic it'll be. I'll keep you posted on the progress...! The pattern promises it is "easy"!

0 comments:

Post a Comment