Monday, February 8, 2010
I also did some sowing lately - living on a farm, there is always a shortage of fresh fruit & vegetables. So I decided to grow my own (first of course, reading up a lot on the when, where and how's of this growing business) and then earmarked a spot.



I had some seeds that I had bought and started with some salad and herbs, as well as zucchini. The latter germinated really fast and the salad is also doing well. But alas, no sign of any herb poking its tender green bits through the ground. Here is a shot of the spot:


I also got some mint and basil from a neighbouring farmer - the basil is going strong, but the mint is not in the same condition that its name would suggest!

Now for the remaining gardening to-do list:
  1. Buy more lavender
  2. Buy more iceberg roses
  3. Buy fruit trees (peach, apple, pear, lemon)
  4. Plant all of the above
  5. Plant pumpkin and beans

Well, as they say, Rome wasn't build in a day, so I am not going to put any undue pressure on myself, but I should really get the number of that fruit tree grower ........


1 comments:

Ms Muffin said...

Oh, this sounds exciting! (And I would have thought that a farm would have loads of green stuff ... what kind of farm do you live on?) I LOVE the idea of growing a garden ... but so far my tiny attempts of growing some flowers and herbs have always been rather disappointing. :-( The only really rewarding thing was growing all different kinds of peppers in pots (we actually used some as decoration for our wedding) one year! That was so much fun! That reminds me ... I still have some seeds sitting around that I really should get out ... but no time at the moment. :-(

Post a Comment